@MagicalButter shares with you their easy recipe on how to make cannabis essential oil or MagicalButter cannabis oil concentrate.
- Skill Level: Medium
- Cook Time: Approximately 5-10 hours
- Yield: 1-2 teaspoons/5-10 ml per cup/240 ml
- 2½ ounces/70 g high-quality botanicals*, decarbed
- 3⅕ cups/750 ml Everclear grain alcohol, 151 or 190 proof
- Place the ingredients into your MagicalButter machine, and secure the head.
- Press the Temperature button, and select 130°F/55°C (if your model’s lowest option is 160°F/71°C, use that setting). Then press the 4 Hours/Tinctureor 8 Hours button (8-hour tincture will have a stronger flavor and deeper intensity).
- After the cycle is complete, unplug the unit at the outlet, and remove the head of the appliance. Put on your LoveGlove™, and pour the pitcher contents slowly through your PurifyFilter™ into a glass container.
- Transfer into a non-stick saucepan the portion of strained tincture that you want to be reduced to MBO. (Approximately 10 percent or less of the original tincture volume will remain after cooking.)
- Place the saucepan on an electrical or induction plate on low heat, and bring it to a slow boil.
- Continue simmering for approximately 30 minutes. Continually stir oil from sides to the bottom of the saucepan. When the consistency reaches that of warm maple syrup, you have produced MBO.
- Remove your MagicalButterOil Concentrate from heat, and allow it to cool 1 minute before pouring it into a dark glass container.
*For best results do not pre-grind botanicals.
- Do not add water or lecithin.
- Patience is essential—cooking time may vary based on a variety of factors.
- When properly prepared, MBO extract is very concentrated. Exercise caution.
- Adjust the number of botanicals as needed. Alternatively, you can use regular MagicalButter Tincture as your starting material. The volume of resulting MBO will be lower if less botanical material is used to make the tincture.
Important: Reducing herbal tincture to MBO is possible only with specific, rare blossoms and herbs. Do NOT attempt with common, commercially available culinary herbs, fruits, and flowers.
CAUTION: MATERIALS ARE HIGHLY FLAMMABLE. Could cause injury. Never use an open flame, natural gas or propane burner, or permit smoking around the cooking process.
Thank you MagicalButter for sharing your awesome recipe! The MagicalButter machine makes it easy for medical marijuana patients to create their own medicine by infusing their own cannabis-infused topicals, tinctures and edibles. Get your MagicalButter at MagicalButter.com and start experimenting!